Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wow, what a great day!

This was indeed a great day. It started bright and early at 8 a.m. with Dr. Bill Ury leading a men's Bible study. He challenged us with do we want to have a heart like Saul or a heart like David. Then from 9-11 a.m. he led a Bible study for everyone. He taught from Hosea. He brought out so many awesome points. It really ministered to Martha and me.

Then tonight he taught from 1 Kings 22. He talked about a relatively unknown prophet named Micaiah. He was the only prophet out of 300 the king had who would tell him the truth. The king didn't like it, but Micaiah would not back down. In fact, he said, "As surely as the LORD lives, I can tell him only what the LORD tells me." (v. 14)

The challenge tonight was, who will be the "one." Who will be the one to stand for God under any and every situation? It was a very powerful message. I asked a dear brother of mine at Harvest to pray with me. God has given me some awesome opportunities to lead in both church and in the secular world. I wish I could say I've been 100 percent in taking advantage of every situation for God's glory, but I can't. There have been times I've messed up. There have been times I should have been "the one" for God. Brian prayed over me and prayed for boldness. I want more boldness for the Lord.

The praise and worship was great again tonight. I really didn't want to leave. The sweet Spirit of God was resting in the house tonight. I praise Him for that.

It was wonderful to worship with my great brother Justin Swasey tonight. He came from Enterprise to attend tonight's service. Thanks for coming Justin. Martha and I love you Bro. I pray God touched you tonight.

I pray everyone will have a great day at church tomorrow.

No comments:

Popular Posts