Monday, November 3, 2008

A prayer request for my nephew

My nephew, James Reid, and the Alabama National Guard unit he has been training with for the past year left Tallassee this morning heading to Indiana. They will train there for the four to six weeks, then deploy to Iraq for a year.

Many of you know James as he has taken part in many of our outreaches. He was a fixture at a lot of our Jesus Jam Festivals, especially the ones we did locally. Remember the flips he used to do? He's always been a clown. I always get blamed for that for some reason. :-)

James is very special to me, as are all of my nephews and nieces. I love them all very much. Please pray for his safety and for the safety of everyone in that national guard unit and for all of them to come back home safely.

Pray for James' wife, Krystle, and their two precious children - Kenny (2 years old) and Wyatt (6 weeks old). Pray for all of us in his family as we will miss him tremendously.

Pray for all of our American troops in Iraq, Afghanistan and everywhere throughout the world. Pray for their families. Pray for all of our nation's leaders as well.

Some of you have gone through this already with members of your family. It's a tough time. But, we know God is with James. We're very proud of him. He's a fine young man with a beautiful family.

Here's a link to a column I wrote recently about James: http://www.dothaneagle.com/dea/news/opinion/columnists/article/my_little_buddy_is_going_to_war/42830/

Thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely keep James, Krystle, and the children in my prayers.

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

Let James know that I love him and that I will be praying for him...heck I love the whole family...y'all some good folks...

James really was a huge part of our outreaches. He always made it fun and kept it interesting. I remember him and Harold dancing in Atlanta. What a nut!

Popular Posts