Thursday, November 6, 2008

Celebrating our anniversary

Four years ago today, God blessed me with the most awesome, sweet, loving, beautiful woman in the world. Martha and I exchanged our wedding vows four years ago today, and these have been the best four years of my life.

I've never met anyone as loving, caring and sweet as my wife. Martha is the most beautiful woman in the world too. I've never experienced this kind of love before. I know it is God loving me through her.

She's my wife, my best friend and my ministry partner. I told her from the beginning that marrying an editor probably isn't the easiest thing in the world. Some times I have weird hours and long days, like getting home at 2:30 a.m. on election night. But, instead of complaining, she does things like baking cookies for my newsroom and bringing them to us while we're waiting for election results to come in. My staff loves Martha too. In fact, I don't know of anyone who has met Martha who doesn't love her. Even 400 editors at a convention in New Orleans thought she was just the greatest. They were right.

Have you ever ministered to the homeless with your wife? Let me tell you, it's one thing to minister the love of Jesus to people, but to do it with your wife is one of the greatest feelings you will ever have.

Love In Action International Ministries has grown tremendously these past four years, and that's no coincidence. It would not be where it's at today without Martha. We work together in running this ministry. What's cool, is she's loved every minute of it. No complaining. No staying at home while I respond to God's call on my life. She is right there with me, together. God has a call on her life too. He's called us together, and it's been the most incredible four years anyone could ever pray to have. I can't wait to see what this next year holds, and the year after that, and on and on.

Nope, there is no one like my Martha. I love you Martha, so very, very much. Other than Jesus saving me, you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I hope I tell you enough how much I love you. Thank you for loving me like you do. Thank you for supporting me in everything I do. I wouldn't be where I'm at in my career without your love and support. Our ministry wouldn't be where it's at without you.

I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.

Happy anniversary beautiful.

- Ken

4 comments:

Dwight Deal said...

I can see that God put you two together. Keep up the good work. I do think that Ken got the best deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Curington said...

Congratulations!!!

Later.

Martha Tuck said...

Four years ago today, God blessed me with the most awesome husband in the world. Ken is a true blessing and God send in my life. He is also my best friend and ministry partner and I love Ken tremendously.
Ken, I am not very good with words, but just know that wherever we are, whatever we are doing, as long as I am with you that is where I belong, I'm happy and I love you. Thank you for loving me like you do and Thank You for the best four years of my life. I Love You, I love You, I Love You, I Love You, I Love You, I Love You, I Love You.
Happy Anniversary Handsome!!!
Love You
Martha

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Ya'll are an awesome couple.

Popular Posts