Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Meeting Bryan

Tonight I met Bryan. He is Dave's son. They are the ones in my last blog who are homeless in Dothan and living in a tent in the woods. Dave kept his word and came to the Church of the Nations' Thanksgiving service tonight. Bryan came with him.

Bryan is quiet. Around Dave everyone is quiet, because he loves to talk. And that's OK. He has some interesting stories to tell. He's a nice man.

When I first met Bryan tonight, he wasn't smiling. Going through what he and his dad are going through would take the smile off of most people's faces. Throughout the service I prayed for him and asked God to touch him.

After the service I asked Brian if he needed to talk to get some things off his chest. He said "yes, how did you know?" We talked for about 30 minutes, then we prayed. He said he had accepted Jesus, but there are issues in his life he needs to deal with. He understands that Jesus is the only way.

The youth group from Harvest did a great job tonight. The youth worship team did a wonderful job of leading us in worship tonight, then the youth performed a drama. It was very powerful. Bryan said, "it was awesome."

After the service we went to McDonald's to eat. During the meal I saw Bryan smile for the first time, then he laughed. I knew at that moment, Jesus was working in his heart.

Please pray for Dave and Bryan. I told them tonight that I know they are going to be fine and God will turn their situation around. I guaranteed them God would if they trust completely in Him.

Martha shared her favorite verse with them, Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

My wife is so precious. Dave and Bryan both smiled after she shared that scripture with them. Our God is so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome story! The holidays are great times to reach out to those in need and point them to Jesus.

Popular Posts