Sunday, September 21, 2008

More than 60 saved

Atlanta Outeach '08 was an incredible weekend. We saw God touch people's lives, and during Saturday afternoon's altar call, more than 60 homeless people accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Praise God! That's what it's all about. That's why we do what we do. The most important thing any of us can ever do is accept Jesus into our hearts and turn our lives over to Him. For those we ministered to this weekend, the first step in turning their lives around, coming off the streets, being delivered from drug and alcohol addiction is committing their lives to Jesus.

I knew God wanted me to share Jeremiah 29:11 with the people on Saturday. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

That's a verse Martha has been sharing with people for years. God has wonderful plans for all of us, no matter if we're homeless or living in a $10 million mansion. He wants to prosper us and give us a hope and a future. Our hope is entirely in Jesus Christ. I will post a video of the message soon to our Web site.

The church was packed with nearly 100 homeless people. It was incredible, and truly an honor to preach behind the pulpit of Eagle's Nest Community Church. Each person who attended the service also received a new Bible. Thanks Dwight for those Bibles.

After the service, we served around 150 people lunch. We had delicious grilled chicken, baked beans, corn and homemade pound cake. I want to thank Bill Dorminy for the chicken; our "chefs" Dwight, Don, Bill and Todd; the women of Southside Baptist in Ozark, Ala., and Cross Pointe Community Church in Rome, Ga., for all of the delicious cakes. We had an awesome group of volunteers. There were volunteers from our home church of Harvest Church in Dothan, Ala., First United Methodist Church in Dothan, Ala., Southside Baptist, Cross Pointe Community Church, and of course Eagle's Nest Community Church. That's one of my favorite things about our outreaches. The body of Christ comes together with only one agenda -- sharing Jesus Christ with people.

We also gave away blankets and jackets as the nights have turned cool in Atlanta. We were also able to unpack, sort and fold all of the new blue jeans we brought up there, and help fold and organize the Eagle's Nest's clothes closet.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered, prayed and financially supported this outreach. I know God will bless you for it, and your reward in Heaven will be great.

4 comments:

Dwight Deal said...

I wanted to tell the Tuck's how much I enjoyed this outreach. It is so fun to watch God work. I wanted to share one thing I witnessed at Eagle's Nest. I saw a homeless man give a dollar to Bro. Harold and state " here is my offering for this week". That made the trip worth all the effort. I am so humbled by this mans gift. I look forward to God working in Dothan in the near future. Please be in prayer with LIA about what should be the next step. God is so awesome.

Unknown said...

This was definitely an awesome time of ministry.
The group from Cross Pointe were deeply touched and moved by the experience and movement of the Holy Spirit during the outreach.
The Holy Spirit was so strong that it poured over into our services at Cross Pointe Sunday morning.
It always seems that everytime I go to Atlanta to the Eagles Nest the Holy Spirit leads me to one man to learn his name and to hear his story.
This time a young man named Charles was the one. He is well educated and has a college degree in history. I could tell he stays up with current events by our opening discussions.
He has become a convicted felon and on the streets because of his drug addiction. His drug addiction to crack has cost him everything but his life so far.
He knows the Way, but says he can't let the crack go.
I laid hands on Charles and prayed for him and over him that he will trust and believe in God to deliver him from his addition.
I ask everyone that reads this to please pray for Charles.
Any one of us, a family member, or a friend could easily be Charles. Addiction knows no boundries.
We will be looking for ways to minister to the homeless in Rome, GA soon. It is a fast growing population here also.
Ministering with Love in Action and Eagles Nest will help us to prepare for this next move to minster in our church.

Ken Tuck said...

Mickey,
If Love In Action can help in Rome just let us know. I enjoyed meeting Bro. Gary. I'd like to hear him preach. He has a great heart for people, that was easy to see. You are right about Charles. It could be any of us out there or family members. We have to keep reaching out with the Gospel of Jesus and providing a way off the streets for them.
I love going to Atlanta for many reasons. One is because of Harold and Larry. They are two awesome men of God. I love those guys. But my favorite reason is ministering with my family. Being on the streets with my wife, my brother, my mom and my niece and nephew is always an awesome time. We are a very blessed family, and it's great sharing Jesus together with others.
I love you Bro.
We had a great group of volunteers last weekend. Everyone did an awesome job, and God used everyone to touch lives for Him.

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

First, let me say how awesome all you good folks are for your humble, servants hearts.
Dwight, I am always amazed when I see someone give like that person did. I have been on the streets and had people say I cannot come to church, but can I give you an offering. Homeless care about others, as well. People would be surprised how often they go out of the way to watch out or take care of each other.
Mickey you just have the gift...that Pentecostal fire....you all need to get Mickey to tell you about how a Baptist interprets messages in tongues...you will get a kick out of it! Just kidding Mickey you know I love you, bro!

Popular Posts