Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Praying for a repeat of last week


You just never know what to expect week to week. That holds true no matter what job you have. Whether you are a pastor, newspaper editor, a doctor, cashier at a local convenience store, teacher, or stay at home mom. Each week brings something new.

Our week at Love In Action begins on Tuesdays as Monday is our day off. I'm putting in a request for a repeat of last week. I don't think God will mind. He knows what's best, though, so I'm good with whatever He wants to do this week.

We saw eight people make decisions for Jesus last week. Six of those decisions were made during our Bible study. The Holy Spirit was really moving and touching hearts. The message was about being a true disciple of Jesus and what that looks like.

Another decision came last Thursday during our regular ministry time at LIA, and another decision made on Friday during our LIA Mobile Kitchen outreach. There's just nothing better than seeing people choose Jesus.

My prayer for this week is for more people to turn to Jesus, and for these new believers to follow Jesus in baptism. We are planning to baptize people this Wednesday night. I'm excited about it. If you don't get excited about seeing people obey Jesus, something is wrong. While baptism doesn't save us, it is obedience to Jesus and an outward witness to our decision to follow Jesus.

I'm looking forward to this week. Whatever comes our way, I know God is in control. Knowing that truth always gives me great peace. Psalm 27:1 comes to mind, "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

That's a powerful verse to memorize and hold fast to.

No comments:

Popular Posts