Friday, March 1, 2019

Outreach produces encouragement



"On February 8, I have been sober for four years! Hallelujah!"

"I'm about to start college in business administration and my boss is paying for it."

"God is moving in my life. He gave me this job. I'm walking to work. I know I've got to keep this job. God is good."

Those are some of the praise reports we heard today as we hooked the LIA Mobile Kitchen to Bro. Stan Sullivan's Chevy and delivered 51 plates of food to the homeless and those in need.

It never fails. We are always on the receiving end of encouragement when we go out. Yes, we hear heartbreaking stories and see how hard so many people live, but God is there. He's right there in the midst of the hurting and pain doing miracles.

Not everyone living in tents or low rent hotels are lost. Christians find themselves struggling, and they see God moving in the middle of it all. It makes any problem I may have seem small. It builds my faith.

Jesus is in the midst of the storm. Sometimes we have to drift along through a storm. The seas rage as jobs are lost. Marriages end. Loved one shot in an alcohol induced brawl. Eyes are blackened and arms bruised from an abusive relationship. Trapped in a downward spiral fueled by addictions.

No matter how dark the storm gets, the Light will break through. Call on the name of Jesus and He will say, "Peace, be still." Jesus heals, restores, delivers, and sets the captives free.

We see it happen time and time again. You can't put a price on seeing a life saved and transformed by the power of God. That's the encouragement we receive. We received a lot today.

No comments:

Popular Posts