Friday, March 1, 2019

11,886 steps for Jesus


Ahhh! My recliner feels nice. I'm kicked back with my laptop banging out this blog at 10:15 p.m. It's been a long day. We started at 8 this morning and got home a little after 9 tonight. Not unusual hours for us.

I take a look at the health app on my phone and see I walked 4 miles today ... 11,886 steps to be exact. Most of those steps were around the Love In Action campus. Before going full-time in the ministry, I had to walk around our neighborhood in the evenings to tally 4 miles. Now I just wake up and hit the ground running. Actually I walk. If you see me running then be rest assured I'm being chased.

I take a very Biblical approach to my health and fitness. Proverbs 28:1 says, "The wicked run when no one is chasing them." That's a good enough reason for me not to jog.

We are on our feet pretty much all day at Love In Action. Walking from the coffee house to suite 6 back to the coffee houses, then to the Samaritan Clinic, then to suite 4 to pull food to restock the food pantry in suite 6, and so forth.

We carry trays of pizza, chicken, corn and other food from the kitchen to the serving table in the coffee house. We carry a tray of food to suite 6, so our volunteers can eat lunch. It seems like we are always carrying something.

Now that we have a golf cart, we can load items on it like trash bags and drive it to the dumpster in the back of our property. But, we still get our steps in.

It's usually a 10-12 hour day. Martha and I are tired when we get home. Is it worth it? You better believe it. When people give their lives to Jesus like two woman did today, it's more than worth it. That's the reason we're on this earth. We love living for Jesus and fulfilling the Great Commission.

As I finish a cup of hot tea, I'm ready to call it a night. Another day done. I praise God for this day. Two souls saved, seeds of the Gospel planted, lots of people encouraged (including me), more than 100 plates of food served, and 16 people taken care of at the Samaritan Clinic.

Yep. It was a good day.

No comments:

Popular Posts