Thursday, May 28, 2009

Doing fine after colonoscopy

Today I had a colonoscopy and everything went fine. It's really an easy procedure. The anesthesia keeps you from knowing that anything is going on. I believe in preventative health care, so any of you out there who are not doing preventative health care such as yearly physicals and procedures like colonoscopies, then I encourage you to step up and get it done. I do it for my family, for ministry and for me.

I saw again today why it's important to stay healthy. First, my wife. She's the sweet and most beautiful woman in the world and I know she loves me tremendously. All morning as I was waiting to go into surgery, she was holding my hand and telling me that she loves me. I know she was praying for me too. I need to stay healthy for her. I love my Martha and if the Lord doesn't come back soon, I want to spend every second I can with her on this earth. I love Martha so much. I've never been as happy as I am today, and life gets better every day with her. She always spoils me and did so today by cooking one of my favorite meals - beef stroganoff. It was delicious.

I also saw today that I need to stay healthy because there people out there who need Martha and me. I was very humbled when one of the homeless men we've been working with called today. Charles was working, but during a break he called to see how I was doing and if everything went fine with the procedure. That's enough to bring tears to your eyes. That shows he appreciates what we have been doing to help him.

Then, a married couple called us needing help. They didn't know I had a colonoscopy today. Martha stepped right up and helped them. It showed me once again that God has given Martha and me a wonderful ministry and people need us. I thank God for that.

My next step to staying healthy is losing weight. That's a challenge because I love to eat. But, I'm determined for all of the reasons I listed above. The better health I'm in, the better I am for my wife and family, and the more ministry I can do. I want to be healthy and available for God to use however, wherever and whenever He wants to.

I thank God for my good health. I thank God for my awesome wife and family. I thank God for this ministry. It's all His. We're just His hands and feet. Most of all, I thank God for His Son Jesus Christ ... my wonderful and awesome Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Popular Posts