Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bible study continues in our absence

Wednesday nights are special times at the Love In Action warehouse as we hold weekly Bible studies. Martha and I always look forward to Wednesday nights as we minister to the homeless and men from the Houston County community corrections work release.

It was strange not being there tonight for Bible study. When the clock hit 7 p.m. we were sitting at home. The reason why was I have a colonoscopy tomorrow and this afternoon and tonight were my "preparation" time. Those of you who have ever had a colonoscopy know what I'm talking about. If you have never had one I do encourage you to get one when you are at the appropriate age or when your doctor advises you to get one. It's actually a very simple procedure and it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

Thankfully the Bible study continued in our absence tonight. I want to thank Brian Turner for teaching the Bible study tonight. Brian is a LIA board member and assistant to the pastors at Harvest Church in Dothan, Ala. Brian is a great man of God and a tremendous teacher of the Word. I talked with him tonight and there were 22 at the Bible study. Praise God! That's a great crowd.

It's great to know that if something comes up and Martha and I can't be there, we have great board members like Brian who can step in and minister God's Word.

1 comment:

Brian Turner said...

Thanks for the encouragemnt, bro! I pray all goes will with your procedure.

Popular Posts