Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Praise God! 2 men make decision for Jesus

God is so amazing. It's always amazing how the simple act of sharing God's Word with others can change their lives. Case in point. On Wednesday nights we hold Bible studies at the Love In Action warehouse for the homeless and anyone else who wants to join us. A week ago, a friend at church who brings men from the Houston County Community Corrections to church every Sunday asked if he could bring them to our Wednesday night Bible study. Of course I said yes!

Tonight was the first time they came. There were 19 of us in the Bible study; our largest yet. The theme of tonight's Bible study was "The Scriptures." We focused on how we need to be grounded in the Word. How God's Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light for our path (Psalm 119:105) Other verses were Psalm chapter 1, Psalm 119:130 and 165, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and James 1:19-27. Some of the men shared what these verses meant to them and shared some examples of how God's Word has changed their lives. It was great!

After the study, two men who were quiet throughout the entire Bible study - a homeless man and a man from Community Corrections - asked Jesus into their hearts. Praise Jesus! That's what it's all about. I never get tired of leading people to Jesus and seeing people get saved. Those men not only have a new life, but their eternal destiny just changed tonight! I'm about to start shouting I'm so excited. If you can't get excited about people getting saved then your exciter is broken and you need to check your own salvation.

I want to thank our great friends Mike and Laurie Shroades for joining us tonight. Martha and I love y'all very much. I think we've seen each other more this month than all of last year. The fellowship is always great.

OK, I need to try to get some sleep. I've been invited to speak at a weekly Bible study tomorrow at 7 a.m. at the Dothan Train Depot. I was at my favorite lunch spot - The Blues Kitchen on Foster Street in downtown Dothan - the other day and Pa and Ma started talking about this Bible study they attend on Thursday mornings and the guy who heads it up was in there. I told him about Love In Action and he asked if I would come speak to them about it. Plus, they will serve breakfast. I can't pass up that offer.

Please keep our Wednesday night Bible studies in your prayers. Please keep the warehouse in your prayers. There is still a long ways to go to get everything done. God has given us a great vision for it, so we know he will provide all of the finances and laborers to get it all done.

No comments:

Popular Posts