Saturday, October 20, 2018

When the homeless encourage you

Praying with one of our homeless friends.

I shared Matthew 6:33 this morning with our homeless friends at Love In Action. I talked about how Martha and I see people in Third World countries who rely totally on God. They don't have a Love In Action to go to for food and clothes. They do what Jesus says and seek Him first, knowing God will take care of all of their needs.

I like to engage people when sharing the Gospel, and today they really responded. As we talked about Hurricane Michael and how God protected us, one homeless woman raised her hand and asked if she could say something.

She said her and her husband were standing outside of Winn Dixie not knowing where they were going to go to get out of the storm. Then another couple pulled up and asked them if they wanted to work to help them board up some storefront windows. They needed the money, so they went and did the job.

They were asked where they were staying, and they replied they didn't know. They were invited to stay with the people who gave them work. They were safe and protected from the hurricane. They both praised God and gave Him all the credit.

When talking about the winds of the hurricane, a homeless man talked about faith. He said, we can't see God, but we have faith in Him and know He is real. That's the same as the wind. We don't see it, but we see the effects of it.

One after another shared about their faith. It encouraged me so much to hear our homeless friends who live in tents, cars and abandoned buildings share about how God takes care of them.

It leads me to ask myself, am I thanking God for how He takes care of Martha and me? Do I thank God enough for how He meets all of our needs? Do you?

Please keep our homeless friends in your prayers. Many are believers and trusting Jesus. Please pray God will lift them out of their situation. With their faith in Jesus, I have no doubt God will.

No comments:

Popular Posts