Saturday, October 13, 2018

60 decisions for Jesus today in Myanmar


A man sings from a song book, and people respond
to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

How do you properly put into words seeing around 60 previously unreached people come to Jesus in one day? I know I’m supposed to be a wordsmith, but God often leaves me speechless and wordless. God and everything He does is truly indescribable. He is so awesome.

Martha and I shared the Gospel of Jesus Christ today in two rural villages here in Myanmar. These unreached people are just some of the 40 million-plus, or 85 percent of the population in Myanmar, who have not heard the Good News about Jesus. Seeing their response to the Gospel is amazing. The Gospel of Jesus truly transcends all cultures, and that shouldn’t come as a surprise as Jesus died for everyone in the world, and came back to life to give everyone who believes eternal life.

There was this one man, probably around my age, who I knew was going to come to Jesus today. How did I know? I could see the Holy Spirit drawing him to Jesus from the moment we locked eyes and said hello. Martha knew it, too. Before I asked people if they wanted to surrender to the lordship of Jesus Christ he was already shaking his head “yes.” He, like the others, have a hunger for Jesus.

We saw many older people give their lives to Jesus today. There were also a number of children. I’m not sure if all of them knew what was going on, but who am I to say they didn’t? Martha gave her life to Jesus when she was 7 years old and knew exactly what she was doing. The children captured our hearts as they always do. I will write more about them in another blog entry.

We met in two house churches in two very impoverished villages. These houses were made out of bamboo poles and bamboo mesh. But, I’m convinced the most powerful services in the world happen in bamboo huts with the poorest of the poor. No lights and fancy instruments. No comfortable chairs or air conditioner. It’s the simplicity of the Gospel in action. We can learn a great deal from our brothers and sisters in Third World countries like Myanmar.

We were also blessed with being able to provide a delicious lunch of chicken biryani to about 100 people today. They never eat chicken biryani, because it’s too expensive. Praise God, they ate it today.

We love the people of Myanmar. Most importantly of all, God loves them, and they are finding that out now.

Click on the following link for a photo album from today’s outreaches. I have to warn you, though. The children will steal your hearts. https://www.flickr.com/photos/loveinaction/albums/72157696513163330


There are many beautiful and precious children in Myanmar.
I love sharing Jesus with the unreached.

No comments:

Popular Posts