Thursday, January 23, 2014

Planting seeds in China

As I mentioned in a blog last week, Martha and I have the unexpected opportunity to travel within China thanks to an exciting new business opportunity presented to me. Also as I mentioned in that blog, this job is also an opportunity to be a missionary in China through work.

The past week in China was incredible. We visited Hong Kong and four cities in mainland China and met with top business executives and government officials. I was surprised to learn that two of the top business owners were Christians, as was a top-ranking official in the Communist party.

Martha and I were able to minister one-on-one to a number of unbelieving people. One night was particularly amazing. I will leave the names of the people out, but suffice it to say one of them is one of the richest people in China and the other is one of the richest.

We were invited to a private dinner in a very nice sky box on top of a 35-story hotel. The person hosting the party discovered that I like Kobe beef, so she flew some in from Japan since the market in the city we were in was closed. The person is a billionaire.

Throughout the dinner, those two wealthy individuals kept remarking how happy Martha and I looked together. That led to a conversation about Jesus. I explained the Gospel of Jesus Christ to them, and I pulled up John 3:16 on my phone and asked them both to read it. Then I asked if we could pray for them, their families and businesses. They excitedly accepted our offer.

A couple of days later my boss asked the person how much money was spent on the Kobe beef. When person text back $8,000, my boss jokingly text back, "You're crazy." The person said, "No I'm not. I got to meet Ken and Martha, and be prayed for for the first time." The person was very excited.

That's called planting seeds. Martha and I are praying and expecting a harvest.

One of those people wants to go on a mission trip with us, and another top executive from a huge company wants his daughter to go on a mission trip with us, maybe even come to Dothan and work with LIA there. Praise God!

We are very excited about the doors God is opening in Hong Kong and China. Spreading His Gospel throughout China is exciting. We are so thankful for the opportunity and look forward to going back in mid-February after our mission trips to Myanmar and Philippines.

God is up to something very exciting. Please continue to pray with us for a big harvest for the glory of God.

3 comments:

Linda Hunt said...

Oh, to be living in times like these. The GOSPEL is still alive and growing.
My heart leaped as I read about these men in a communist country..... where God's Christian soldiers are bringing the Good News /hope to the lost.
Thank you for your obedience as unto the Lord's work.

We/Keith and other bros./sisters are standing in the "gap" for all of you.

Praise the name of the Lord for His mercy.

Shalom ...my brothers & sisters.

Linda ........ Selah

1 Thessalonians 5

Living Bible (TLB)

17. Always keep on praying.
18. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Lisha said...

!!!! What a beautiful post to read at the start of the day - praising the Lord with you both for the work that He is doing through you to draw people to Himself.

Thank you for sharing this with us!
~Lisha

Ken Tuck said...

Thank you Linda and Keith. We love you all.

Popular Posts