Monday, August 10, 2009

LIA blessed with great leadership

I am blessed to do ministry with great people. Love In Action has a great leadership team, and every time we get together with our board of directors, like we did tonight, I'm reminded of that.

It starts with my wife, Martha, who is also my best friend. This ministry is a big part of our lives now. We love serving Jesus together, and believe me, there is nothing better than being partners in ministry with your spouse. My wife is a very special woman, and the light of Jesus always shines through her. We couldn't do this ministry without each other.

My mom is on the LIA board of directors and she is invaluable to this ministry. Her love for people comes through all the time. So many people now call her their mama. Her smile and hugs always lets the homeless know they are loved.

Mike Shroades is co-founder of LIA. When Mike and I founded this ministry we knew God had big plans, and it is so cool seeing God do things we talked about years ago. We have been coast to coast ministering the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the "least of these." Mike has a heart for people unlike anyone I've ever seen. He's a great leader and I'm honored to call him not only a partner in ministry, but a best friend.

Justin Swasey may be quiet, but he is filled with God's love and wisdom. He is a strong leader and is anointed to minister to the lost and hurting. Justin is a good listener, which is very effective when ministering to the homeless. The homeless want to be heard, and Justin listens and knows the scripture to share with them. He is also anointed to reach children and teens. It doesn't matter if he is in Enterprise, Ala., Atlanta, Ga., or Los Angeles. As soon as kids see Justin they are drawn to him. It's amazing to see.

Brian is the newest member to LIA. In the past year he has shown his compassion for the homeless. He is a big reason we are in our warehouse. Martha and I knew after the first time we talked with him that he needed to be on the board of directors. Brian has a great concern about reaching people that society ignores and have given up on . His passion for leading people to Jesus is awesome.

It's a blessing, honor and privilege serving Jesus with all of these great people. I thank God for each of them and for all of the volunteers who have helped and are helping us share the Gospel of Jesus Christ through acts of compassion.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Martha Tuck said...

You are right Ken, LIA has great leadership and that leadership is you. LIA would not be where it is today without you and your selfless acts of kindness and love you show to others and the many countless hours you give to keep the website current, newsletter updated, posting and receipt letters,all the contacts and calls that you handle all day-everyday(without complaint)etc.etc.etc.
I Love You Ken. You are truly a wonderful man. I am sooooo... blessed to have you as my husband, my best friend, my partner in ministry and so much more. You are truly a blessing to me and many others. I Love You, I Love You, I Love You, I Love You, I Love You, I Love You, I Love You. Martha Tuck

Popular Posts