Saturday, June 6, 2009

'With God all things are possible'

It is great watching God moving in people's lives. We have been seeing God do amazing things recently. Of course, God always is doing amazing things, and yesterday was another example.

David and Theresa is a married couple who were once homeless. Back in February David obtained full-time employment and they moved out of the homeless population and into their own home. Those were the first two steps that God worked out.

Theresa has been sick since we have known her and David (since December). She's been in a tremendous amount of pain. Every where she has gone for help, they have pushed her away for one reason or another. It's been very frustrating and heartbreaking. This past Tuesday when the health department turned her away because she wasn't 45 years old she cried and said, "I give up. I'll just go home and die." David told her, "No. We've just got to keep praying." I told Theresa that I wasn't giving up, and that actually we were right where God wanted us. It was totally up to God to work this one out. Nobody but God could do anything now.

Then on Wednesday, God put a certain doctor's name on my heart and on my mom's heart. He is a good Christian man and an excellent physician. I called his office, but he was out of town. I left a message for him to call me, and he did first thing Friday morning.

I briefly shared with him Theresa's situation, including that they didn't have insurance or Medicare/Medicaid. He said that doesn't matter and that he wanted to see her right away. He asked if she could come see him yesterday afternoon. I told him to give me a time and I will have her there. Then I called Theresa and told her I had some awesome news; that she had a doctor's appointment at 1 p.m. She was so excited.

The doctor did a thorough examination and made her three appointments with other doctors next week to start the process of getting Theresa well. He even helped her start the process of getting disability and Medicare. Praise God!

David and Theresa were so excited when they left the doctor's office. They have never been people to complain, but the stress had been mounting up with her serious health situation. To hear the joy and relief in their voices was awesome. It all just brought tears to my eyes.

Martha picked them up and she said they were so excited. Praise God! That was nothing but God opening a huge door in their lives and giving them favor. We do indeed serve an awesome God!

Praise God for good Christian doctors who are willing to give of their talents and knowledge to help those who can't help themselves. The doctor isn't one who seeks recognition, so I won't mention his name. I called him back yesterday and thanked him. God has used that man to give a wonderful, hard-working couple hope. Hope that there is a God in Heaven who loves them. Hope that she will live and not die. Hope that no matter what happens in life, God is there with them and will make a way.

Please keep praying for Theresa's health and healing. Please keep praying for David. The business he was working at laid off most of their people because work dried up. David has been trying to make a go of it by cutting yards. However, he needs something that pays more and is more consistent. Like I told Theresa yesterday, if God could work out her situation, providing a good job for David is nothing.

"... with God all things are possible." - Matthew 19:26.

Praise God's wonderful name! I love you God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for your fruitful ministry to the people of the Wiregrass. I know David & Theresa are only one of many stories, but they are a living, breathing testimony that with Him, truly all things ARE possible! We pray He continues to richly bless you in all things!

Ken Tuck said...

Thanks Leslie. God is truly awesome! I also praise God for what He is doing at Crossroads. You and Gene are doing a great work in Enterprise/Ft. Rucker. My wife and I just watched that video on Gene's blog of the 21 people being baptized. Praise God! That's awesome! Keep up the great work. God bless.

Popular Posts