Wednesday, June 17, 2009

32 tonight at Bible study


Wow! What an awesome God we serve! Tonight we had 32 at the Love In Action Bible Study, our largest attendance ever! It was a great night as Pastor Mike Shroades, co-founder and board member of Love In Action and pastor of Christ-Life Church in Enterprise, Ala., taught the Bible study. He shared a very powerful message from 1 Peter 5:6: "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."

It was so cool to watch God work tonight. The men and women really soaked up Mike's message and they responded to it. Martha and I love to hear Mike teach God's Word. He has such a unique style that connects with everyone. A number of them told me afterward how much they enjoyed Mike's message and how much it spoke to them. Thanks Mike!

As he wrapped up his message, Mike asked Martha to lead us all in a chorus of "I Exalt You." My wife has an absolutely beautiful voice and it was great having all of us singing together to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and exalting His name.

I couldn't help but cry tears of joy as I dismissed the Bible study tonight. To see how God continually adds to the group, and to see God moving in all of their lives is wonderful. I can't really find the words to describe it. All I can do is say "Thank you God for what You are doing."

There is so much more I want to share, and I will. I just need to meditate a while on the awesomeness of God and what He is doing in the lives of the homeless and those in community corrections work release.

2 comments:

Pastor Mike's Blog said...

It was a great night with Love In Action. To see the blessing of God in this way is absolutely amazing. I am not sure that I have seen anything like this in nearly 20 years of ministry. Ken and Martha are two of the greatest leaders I have every worked with.

Ken Tuck said...

Thanks Mike. Martha and I feel the same way about what God is doing through LIA and we feel the same way about you. You are one of the greatest leaders we have ever worked with. We wouldn't be doing what we do today without your leadership. We love you Bro!

Popular Posts