Monday, December 30, 2019

Homeless no more


"I have a home," exclaimed a 60-year-old woman as she gave me a big hug. She had been homeless for much of this year and living in a low-rent motel. Last month she and her son moved into their own home. Her smile and tears of joy said it all. No more wondering where she will stay each night.

"It feels so good to say, 'I'm going home,'" she said. "It feels so good to tell people on the phone who ask me where I'm at that, 'I'm home.'"

Not only did she struggle with homelessness, but she also battled against cancer. Her world was crumbling. She felt hopeless.

"I was ready to give up, and then I came to Love In Action," she said. "When y'all prayed for me, I felt the Lord touch me. After being baptized things started changing."

Jesus saved and transformed her life. She's not the only one. We have seen Jesus save nearly 100 souls this year, and we have seen a number of our friends come out of homelessness.

One Thursday morning in December our devotional time turned into testimony time as six of our friends who were homeless in 2019 shared how they are no longer homeless. Each one said it's all because of God. They gave their lives to Jesus and their lives changed.

When we come to Jesus we realize we are loved by Almighty God. We experience His love, forgiveness, mercy and grace. We start thinking differently and making better decisions. We have seen hundreds of homeless come off the streets over the years, and the No. 1 common denominator  in each one is they gave their lives to Jesus. He truly saves and transforms lives.

No comments:

Popular Posts