Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Philippines bound

A year ago I'd never been off the North American continent. Then, three months ago I was in the South American country of Ecuador, and now I'm on my way to the Asian country of the Philippines.

I never gave too much thought about traveling outside of the U.S. and Canada, but then God put it on my heart to go to different countries. I told Him, wherever He leads I'll go.

In October it was to Shell, Ecuador to work with orphans at Casa de Fe and do street ministry in Puyo. Now, I'm on my way to the Philippines with my wife and mom. How awesome is that? Traveling to the other side of the world with my wife and mom to preach and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I thank God for this awesome opportunity.

Jesus Christ gave His disciples the Great Commission before ascending into Heaven. His Great Commission is for all of us, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." - Matthew 28:18-20 (KJV)

Jesus further drives home His point in Acts as the very last statement He tells His disciples before ascending to Heaven is, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” - Acts 1:8 (NLT)

While the majority of our ministry is done locally in Dothan, Ala., God has opened doors for Love In Action to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in other U.S. cities and throughout the world. Whether it is Atlanta, Ga., Baton Rouge, La., New York City, Memphis, TN, Los Angeles, Shell, Ecuador, or Sindangan, Philippines, Love In Action is obeying our Lord and Savior by telling the world about Him.


Please keep us in your prayers. We are praying for hundreds of souls to be saved, people healed and delivered, and  pastors and missionaries encouraged.

No comments:

Popular Posts