Monday, October 24, 2011

'A Father to the fatherless'

What an awesome blessing it is to be in Shell, Ecuador working at the Casa de Fe orphanage. These children are so beautiful and precious.

Today, Ted, Ricky and I worked all day at the new school under construction for the children. It was a day of hard work, but it was great. As I was walking back up the hill to the construction site with water I smiled and thanked God for this opportunity.

This past year God has sent so many volunteers to help us rennovate the Love In Action Ministry Center. Martha and I understand the importance of volunteers. We know how good it feels when people come along side us to help us fulfill the cause God has placed inside of us with Love In Action. Now, God is giving us the opportunity to do the same for others.

Casa de Fe is Patty Sue's dream. It is her cause. It is exciting to be a small part of it. The end of the work day was the most amazing part. As we walked around the front of the building the children currently live and attend school in, they were playing. They saw us, smiled and said, "Hola!"

I took a photo of them and they all ran to me. I knelt down and they started hugging me. One child who was born with his brain exposed wanted to touch my beard. Another child, a beautiful little girl, started kissing the right aide of my face. She wouldn't stop kissing me. I just wanted to break down crying at their wonderful love for a person they have never seen.

God tells us in Pslam 68:5 that He is a "Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His dwelling place." Theses orphans are close to God's heart. In fact, they are in His dwelling place.

As the children hugged and kissed me it was like God saying "thank you for helping My children." I am the one who is thankful. I thank my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity. I thank Him for providing Martha and me with the resources to come to Ecuador.

I serve an awesome God. He is worth of all my praise. I love God so much, and I keep growing in love with Him more and more every day.

Please pray for the children at Casa de Fe and the amazing staff there. And, please keep the Love In Action team in your prayers, too.

No comments:

Popular Posts