Thursday, March 4, 2010

Crying out to God

We are seeing God transform people's lives at the Love In Action Ministry Center, and especially during our Celebrate Recovery services on Tuesday nights.

This past Tuesday we heard a powerful testimony from a former homeless man, who was also a hardcore drug addict and had spent the majority of his adult life in prison. When we met Danny a year ago, he was homeless and hitting drugs hard. He was stealing to get the drugs. One thing about Danny was every time I confronted him, he never argued with me.

He ended up back in jail, but this time something happened. He surrendered totally to God, and for the last six months he has been clean and living for Jesus, serving Him every way he can with his wife Dana. Once I get the video of Danny sharing at Celebrate Recovery edited and posted to our Web site you really should watch it.

After he shared, we had a time of prayer and invited people forward for whatever need they had. One former homeless man who we helped off the streets came forward to thank God for providing him with a job, and to pray for peace about another situation in his life.

Then one of our CR leaders, Robert Risner, walked over to me with one of the work release men. The man was crying when he said, "I just want more of God. I just want to be closer to Him." Robert, Danny and I started praying with him. I placed my hand on his chest as I prayed.

Tears flowed like a river down his face. As we prayed, his tears fell on my hands. It was a great and humbling experience seeing this man literally crying out to God. He was so hungry for more of God. It made me think about my own walk with God. Am I this hungry for more of Him?

God continues to transform lives, and it's so wonderful to see. I want to thank those of you who pray for us and who give to support Love In Action. And, I want to say a very special thank you to Tabernacle United Methodist Church in Taylor for sponsoring Celebrate Recovery. What a tremendous difference you are making for the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Popular Posts