Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Powerful prayer tonight

It was great being back at the warehouse tonight. Martha and I were on vacation last week, and it felt weird not being at the warehouse last Wednesday. We did our Bible study together in the mountains as Brian Turner led the meeting at the warehouse. Thanks Brian for teaching. You are a great teacher of God's word.

I picked up where Brian left off in lesson 6 of Discipleship Phase 1 - Prayer. I thought I would quickly finish lesson 6 and move on to Lesson 7. However, God had other plans. For the first 30 minutes I thought we could still finish lesson 6, but I felt God leading us to stay with prayer. So, that's what we did, and it was powerful.

A lot of people shared and asked questions. It was great. Just like God's word in Proverbs 27:17, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." We were all learning from each other.

Then I asked for prayer requests. Many were given. Most of them were requests for other people. Family members and co-workers who have cancer, a father who needs delivering from alcohol, people needing jobs, prayer for salvation of family members, prayer for veterans and active military, and the list went on. It was humbling hearing people ask for prayer for Love In Action and Martha and me.

Then all 26 of us formed a circle, held hands, and prayed -- one at a time out loud. Wow! It was a very powerful time. The presence of God in the warehouse was so strong. I know God heard our prayers, and in His own time and according to His will those prayers will be answered.

It definitely won't be the last time we end Wednesday nights that way. It is so awesome seeing God at work in everyone's lives. All 26 people there tonight are truly seeking God. Everyone is so hungry and thirsty for more of God.

I thank God for everyone there tonight. I thank God for moving on all of our hearts like He did tonight. I thank God most of all for His son Jesus Christ. And, I thank God for everyone who prays, volunteers and financially supports Love In Action. Lives are being changed for the glory of God. It's so cool to see Him at work.

All praise, honor and glory to God.

No comments:

Popular Posts